Who We Are
At a glance
- The Shaikh family have over 65 years experience as ship owners and operators.
- Over the last three decades, Tomini have owned some 120 ships and performed over a thousand voyages with chartered vessels, commercially managed by Alpina Shipping.
- Tomini have a strategic partnership with Alpina Chartering ApS in Denmark that spans 35 years.
- Three Ultramax bulk carrier newbuildings on order with deliveries scheduled to conclude in 2019.
- Three Kamsarmaxes bulk carrier newbuildings on order with deliveries scheduled for the middle of 2019, which will take the fleet to 18 vessels.
Tomini Shipping founded in Karachi, to move cotton to buyers with a regular liner service between Pakistan and Bangladesh
The fleet was nationalized on 1 January 1974 and the family moved their activities to London
The family managed a fleet of tweendeckers with London as their base
Tomini establishes a strategic partnership with Alpina Chartering Aps in Denmark
Tomini moves operations to Dubai to provide a strategic hub to grow the business
Tomini Shipping continues to focus exclusively on dry bulk as the core business, while waiting for market conditions to be favorable for new bulk carrier orders
Nine Ultramax bulkers ordered from CIC Jiangsu Shipyard
The group move into their current state-of-the-art headquarters
Five modern Panamax bulkers purchased on the secondhand market
Tomini Symphony (63,590 DWT) and Tomini Harmony (63,590 DWT) are delivered
Tomini Destiny (63,615 DWT) and Tomini Unity (63,593 DWT) are delivered
Tomini orders three Ultramaxes from CIC Jiangsu Shipyard and three Kamsarmaxes from Taizhou Kouan Shipbuilding Co
Tomini Dynasty (63,657 DWT), Tomini Liberty (63,511 DWT) and Tomini Prosperity (63,503 DWT) are delivered.