Who We Are
At a glance
- Tomini is listed on the Norwegian OTC market under the symbol TOMINI, an unregulated marketplace owned and managed by the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- The Shaikh family has 70 years of experience as ship owners and operators.
- Over the last three decades, Tomini have owned some 120 ships and performed over a thousand voyages with chartered vessels, commercially managed by Alpina Shipping.
- Tomini have a strategic partnership with Alpina Chartering ApS in Denmark that spans 40 years.
- Tomini is ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certified and committed to the highest levels of environmental, quality and health and safety management.
- Tomini Shipping places the greatest emphasis on selecting, training and retraining high-calibre seafarers and opened a dedicated crew management centre in Mumbai in 2019.
- Tomini is a member of The International Maritime Employers’ Council (IMEC) and FOSMA.
Tomini Shipping founded in Karachi, to move cotton to buyers with a regular liner service between Pakistan and Bangladesh
The fleet was nationalized on 1 January 1974 and the family moved their activities to London
The family managed a fleet of tweendeckers with London as their base
Tomini establishes a strategic partnership with Alpina Chartering Aps in Denmark
Tomini moves operations to Dubai to provide a strategic hub to grow the business
Tomini Shipping continues to focus exclusively on dry bulk as the core business, while waiting for market conditions to be favorable for new bulk carrier orders
Nine Ultramax bulkers ordered from CIC Jiangsu Shipyard
The group move into their current state-of-the-art headquarters
Five modern Panamax bulkers purchased on the secondhand market
Tomini Symphony (63,590 DWT) and Tomini Harmony (63,590 DWT) are delivered
Tomini Destiny (63,615 DWT) and Tomini Unity (63,593 DWT) are delivered
Tomini orders three Ultramaxes from CIC Jiangsu Shipyard and three Kamsarmaxes from Taizhou Kouan Shipbuilding Co
Tomini Dynasty (63,657 DWT), Tomini Liberty (63,511 DWT) and Tomini Prosperity (63,503 DWT) are delivered.
Tomini opened a dedicated crew management centre in Mumbai focused on selecting, training and re-training high-calibre seafarers